prices vary from expensive to very expensive. While it costs a lot to fill up,
the good news is that there are lots of things you can do to increase mileage
and help reduce the cost of driving. Fuel efficiency is good for your wallet and
good for the environment. Better maintenance and smart driving can help you
increase MPG and reduce the cost at the pump. This page offers you tips to
increase your mileage.
Here's a list of driving tips to help you get better mileage
- Reduce warm up time. Modern cars don't require long warm up
- Avoid quick starts and stops. Accelerate evenly to achieve better
- Don't idle the engine longer than necessary. Turn the engine off
when leaving the car or when waiting a long time.
- Drive within the speed limits
- Use your air conditioner. Aerodynamics for most modern cars mean
that closed windows will result in better mileage even with the A/C on.
Enjoy the comfort and quiet while driving with the windows closed and
the A/C on.
- Anticipate traffic lights. Decelerate and accelerate smoothly
- Empty the trunk of unnecessary items.
- Drive in the highest possible gear.
- Try to keep your speed constant and use the cruise control on long
Car Tips for Better Mileage
- Keep Tires properly inflated. Click here
for inflation tips.
- Replace air filters on schedule
- Use the proper grade of fuel. Premium or higher octane fuel is only
needed for high compression engines. Not sure about the proper grade -
ask us and we can help.
- Replace spark plugs regularly.
- Keep the gas cap tight to avoid fuel evaporation.
- Keep your car aligned properly. Have your car serviced at the first
sign of pulling or excessive vibration. This will save on tire wear as
well as increasing fuel economy.